As a Construction Project Engineer at Snyder Langston, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in a variety of market sectors within the Orange County Area. You will be able to participate in and help to build our culture of being a Trusted Advisor while leading talented teams who are dedicated to excellence and building with integrity. You will be an active contributor in shaping Snyder Langston’s future by developing innovative processes and LEAN techniques to push the company forward.
As a member of the Snyder Langston team, your goal will be to ensure that the administrative and technical aspects of the assigned projects are being executed as dictated by the contract documents. You will create value by taking the initiative to execute assigned duties in an accurate and expedient manner, and provide leadership by anticipating obstacles to solve before they develop.
Construction Project Engineer Job Description
The Construction Project Engineer responsibilities include:
- Develop, input, and update project schedule as directed and assist with developing project estimate and budget.
- Verify that the technical aspects of the project are being executed as required.
- Facilitate and expedite project administrative and technical work through project submittal control and checking, project document distribution and control, maintenance of the Change Order Request (COR) Log, and project schedule updates that include construction progress and procurement status of long-lead items.
- Assist Project Manager with CORs, sub-trade bidding, bid evaluation, writing commitments to subcontractors, and cost-report maintenance.
- Review, maintain, and create various schedules, budgets, and reports that will assist with the management of all project details, ensuring that the project is successfully completed on-time and under-budget.
- Aid in project close-out, including assembling manuals and other warranties for turnover to owner and preparing final payment documents for subcontractors.
Construction Project Engineer Requirements
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Business Management, or a related field OR 5 years of Project Engineer-related experience.
- Software proficiency in the following programs: Document Tracking System (DTS), Construction Information System (AccuTerm) operating system 20/20 and Subcontractor Analysis System (SAS), SureTrak, and Resource Focusing System.
Snyder Langston is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other talented and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects in Southern California. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes Snyder Langston a great place to work and grow.
Snyder Langston is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.